Saturday, December 3, 2011

Second Appearance on AR Zone

This time I appeared in a podcast chat along with Carolyn Bailey, Roger Yates, and Tim Gier. What I said about Roger from last time still stands, but I am delighted to note that he was a perfect gentleman and a scholar this time round. It was a great pleasure to explore issues with this thoughtful, passionate, and dedicated group of people. You can hear about why I am trying to establish an ethic that goes beyond intuitions, how I became vegan, my long-standing interest since 1986 in non-violence and Jainism, what I envision for the future concerning animals and their standing in society, and more. Tim Gier also got me going on a tangent about the theory of knowledge that you may or may not be interested in!

A heartfelt THANK YOU to the wonderful folks at the Zone who do such a great job. You can check out transcripts of interviews and other podcasts on their site--highly recommended! You might also find free opportunities to get in on the action. It has tremendous interactive potential!

You can access AR Zone and my podcast by clicking HERE



FURTHER READING

A Selection of Related Articles

Sztybel, David. "Animal Rights Law: Fundamentalism versus Pragmatism". Journal for Critical Animal Studies 5 (1) (2007): 1-37.

go there

Short version of "Animal Rights Law".

go there

Sztybel, David. "Incrementalist Animal Law: Welcome to the Real World".

go there

Sztybel, David. "Sztybelian Pragmatism versus Francionist Pseudo-Pragmatism".

go there

A Selection of Related Blog Entries

Francione's Three Feeble Critiques of My Views

Francione Totally Misinterprets Singer

Francione's Animal Rights Theory

Francione on Unnecessary Suffering

My Appearance on AR Zone

D-Day for Francionists

Sztybel versus Francione on Animals' Property Status

The Red Carpet

Playing into the Hands of Animal Exploiters

Francione's Mighty Boomerang


DR. DAVID SZTYBEL HOME PAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment